Introducing the new “Willet Missions Lifestyle Pack”! Practical. Reusable. Sweatshop Free.
Tag Archives: food for the hungry
When we told you this was our “biggest event”, we didn’t expect the story to be picked up by nationwide news sources! We are praising God for over 40 television and news channels spreading the word around the country about our 100,000 Meal Packing Event tomorrow in Westminster, MD!! Check it out:
We are excited to release the dates and cities for our 2013 Summer Tour presented by Food For the Hungry.
On October 17th, 2011, we will be returning to Gorongosa, Mozambique with a team of 10 people from the states to visit our friends in a community where we have been assisting with child sponsorship with our partner Food for the Hungry. We will be joined by our dad Pastor Glen Willet, Jeremy’s wife Kathleen (flying in from Uganda), Willet drummer Tyler Klusmann, former Willet drummer Caleb Douglass, and amazing friends from Maryland, Ron Zepp and Pete & Kim Green.
Since our visit last October, we have seen almost 500 children sponsored from this community through our tour dates in the U.S. THANK YOU!! To sponsor a child with Willet & FH, please click here.
Please join us in prayer as we prepare for this trip. Pray for the many children that still live in extreme poverty. Pray for our missionary friends on the ground that work daily to share the love of Jesus and assist with physical needs. And finally, pray that God would use us in a mighty way during our brief visit in Mozambique for His glory. Enjoy a slideshow of photos from our last Africa trip to our song, “Shelter” off our latest album:
Dear friends and ministry supporters, As 2010 comes to a close, we wanted to thank you for your continued support and involvement with Willet. Below is a glimpse of what God did this past year around the world!
2010 Year in Review
• One-month Evangelism concert tour in New Zealand (1,000+ people trusted Jesus!)
• 721 children from Haiti and Mozambique sponsored through Food for the Hungry! (www.fh.org/willet)
• Funded full-time missionary (Kathleen Willet) in Haiti as a community development facilitator before and after Haiti Earthquake (www.willetmissions.org).
1. Registration of over 3000 children in the sponsorship program
2. Opening of 75 Child Friendly Spaces for 12,000 children
3. Numerous medical clinics for the children in the mountain and PAP areas
4. Numerous visiting medical and other support teams from the US
5. Distribution of food and non-food items to over 5000 children
6. Psychosocial support assessment for over 1200 children for trauma
7. Data-‐base and reporting documentation for all child program areas
• 250+ USA tour dates in front of over 100,000 people including performances at Lifelight, Alive, Ichthus, Lifest, Parachute and Ignite Festivals.
• Raised funds for 15 clean-water wells in Mozambique
• Led teams to Haiti following January 12th earthquake
• Led team to Mozambique, Africa to adopt 4th community (200+ people trusted Jesus!)
• Released full-length album, “Teeth of a lion, fangs of a lioness” and sold over 2,000 copies
• Published & released new book by Jeremy Willet & Justin Hanneken called, carried. (www.carriedbook.com). Acquired distribution from Amazon & Barnes and Noble. Contributed $5,764 for food aid through Food for the Hungry and USAID matching funds grant from sales of “carried.” book.
• Raised over $3,000 towards Jeremy & Kat Willet’s adoption from Ethiopia, Africa (www.jeremyandkatwillet.com)
Over the past 3 years, we have been developing a program called, The Hunger Strike. After working with our partner, Food for the Hungry, we recognized that the potential impact of the concept we were working with was bigger then just a “youth program”. At the end of this year, we were faced with a decision.
Option 1: Sit back and take a year or 2 off living on 5 years of non-stop touring and record sales
Option 2: Invest our music sales, time, and energy into something to make a difference
Based on the places of extreme poverty that God has sent us to over the past 5 years, the friends that we have made, and the emergency (global food crises) that we have encountered, we knew what we had to do, and chose option 2. Therefore, today, we are pleased to announce that in 2011, we are merging Willet Missions & The Hunger Strike Program into a new organization called The Hunger Strike.
The Hunger Strike exists to bring the love of Jesus Christ to those living in domestic and international poverty through advocacy, community development, short and long-term missionary support, youth programs, pastoral training and disaster relief. The Hunger Strike was founded by the band, Willet, and is an official partner of Christian relief and development organization, Food for the Hungry.
“Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.” Proverbs 31:8-9
Where we serve
Haiti, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Indonesia, Cambodia, Philippines, Congo, Bangladesh, Burundi, Guatemala, Uganda, Bolivia, Peru, U.S.A, New Zealand, Bahamas, and Jamaica.
Because of gracious friends and ministry partners, we now have office space in New Windsor, MD. As a band, we still plan to tour the U.S. with over 100 concerts in 2011, as well as many international trips.
*PLEASE NOTE: In 2011, please send all tax-deductible donations payable to: The Hunger Strike.
The Hunger Strike
P.O. Box 176
New Windsor, MD 21776
Coming February 2011: Brand new website, artist program, matching-grant fund, and tour dates. For more information, please visit www.thehungerstrike.org